Restaurant: HK BBQ Master
Address: 4651 No. 3 Road
Parking: Private Parking (Superstore)
Hours of Operation: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm everyday except for Wednesdays
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent
Have you ever been to the Saturday Organic Market in Richmond? Apparently, the UNFI Canada, which is a natural and organic food distributor in Richmond, holds wholesale sale of soon-to-be-expiring inventory every Saturday from 9am to 2pm (click here for more details). I found out about this place from my coworker who gave me this yummy organic granola bar she got from there and she told me she got it for 50 cents each! I had to get more of these so I woke up early in the morning on Saturday and headed to the market!! Well…too bad for me….they weren’t selling those granola bars that day…..darn it…I went there just to get those granola bars….. Well, what am I going to do now that I am in Richmond? I guess I’ll just go eat then…..lol
I’ve been wanting to try HK BBQ Master for a quite long time now but I never got the chance to because my restaurant wish list has got super long everyday with so many suggestions from people! HK BBQ Master is hidden in the parkade of Richmond Superstore but has received so much rave for their BBQ meats. I think we were lucky because we didn’t have to wait for a table and seated right away. Most of the customers were doing take outs rather than dining in. We decided to order the soup, Roasted Pork, BBQ Pork, and BBQ Duck on this visit.
Soup of the Day – 2.5/5
- It was served super burning HOT!
- I was glad we got this soup because it definitely helped me digest all these fatty meats.
- I asked what kind of soup it is and the waitress said vegetable soup so I guess that’s what it is!
Roasted Pork– 4/5
- Wow! It was really fatty and tender while the skin was nice and crispy.
- This was definitely the highlight for me but I don’t think I can finish this all by myself.
- In my opinion, I thought the portion was very generous too!
BBQ Pork – 3/5
- You’ll be asked if you want fat, medium, or lean when you order this.
- We got medium but as soon as I put a piece into my mouth, I knew we should have ordered the fatty part!
- It still tasted pretty good but I just preferred more tenderness.
BBQ Duck– 3.5/5
- I thought the duck would be quite tough but surprisingly, it was pretty tender!
- The skin had nice smokey taste while the meat was juicy.
I definitely want to come back here and try their BBQ pork again and ask for fatty part next time. Their soya sauce chicken also looked really good! Overall, HK Master BBQ serves generous portion of good quality meat and the service is really quick and efficient (Asian style services lol)! I need to inform you that they only take cash so be aware! A lot of people claim that this is the best Chinese BBQ meat shop out there but I don’t know if it is the best…. So, I guess I’ll need to try other places in town to decide that!