Restaurant: Lee Yuen Seafood Restaurant
Cuisine: Chinese- Dim Sum
Address: 14755 104 Avenue
Parking: Restaurant Parking
Phone: (604) 583-1399
Hours of Operation: 10:30am – 3:00pm (Dim Sum Hours)
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent
When I was living in Coquitlam, my mom and I used to go to Wah Wing Szechuan Restaurant whenever we had our dimsum craving. After moving to Surrey, we had been going to Neptune in Central City Tower or Empire Garden in Langley- if we had time for an extra 20 minute drive.
Few months ago, one of my coworkers had told me that Lee Yuen had started doing dimsum and we should try it out sometime soon. So we went there for lunch once, and not long after we were back again…
Nothing special about their menu; you just check off the ones you would want to order and give it to the waitress. They have most of my favorites, so I guess it does not have to be special…
Shrimp Dumplings – 3.5/5
- I cannot have dimsum without having these, of course!
- Nothing wrong with this dish.
- Good amount of shrimps inside.
- This would be another one that I always order if it is on the menu.
- Until this day I thought the Chinese donut was supposed to be soggy for this dish, but Lee Yuen proved me wrong! The Chinese donut here was crispy but not hard. Hopefully, this is how they do it here and not by an accident just on this day.
Steamed Pork & Shrimp Sui Mai – 3/5
- Average Pork Sui Mai you would expect.
- These are actually my sister’s favorite; I should let her try these and let me know what she thinks…
- First time having this dish and we really liked the overall flavour.
- Outside was crispy and inside was delicious, soft and warm.
- Meats inside were moist and soft.
- I really liked these and probably would order these again.
Panfried Eggplant with Shrimp Paste – 2.5/5
- I would not say that these were bad compared to the ones from other dimsum places. This is purely based on my personal taste; these are just not my favorite.
- I guess for me the overall taste of this dish seems a bit blend, so I rarely order this dish.
Deep Fried Shrimp Dumplings – 3/5
- Nice flavour, nothing special.
- These were tasty but it was just too much shrimps for me at this point…
Sticky Rice Wraps with Lotus Leaves – 3.5/5
- These were good, but I prefer the ones from Neptune.
- I kind of wished the rice had more flavour or seasoning.
- I was literally one bite before explosion at this point, but had to try my egg tarts.
- Not too sweet, not too eggy, but delicious.
The problem with Dim Sum though, is that I always end up having a food coma from eating too much. This is exactly why I never like going too far for Dim Sum for Saturday brunch; I just get super lazy after and want to come home straight.
For my future Dim Sum cravings, I know I will be at Lee Yuen – unless I find a better place nearby. Let me know if you guys know any other good places for Dim Sum in Surrey.
Good night everyone!